BC Athletics Joins the National Para Challenge
BC Athletics has joined the National Para Challenge (NPC) series as a funding and promotional partner to support and encourage current and future Paralympians.
The NPC provides the opportunity for athletes with a disability across Canada to compete in a series of track and field meets for prize money. The NPC will enable athletes to be in direct competition against each other by basing their results on a percentile of the word leading results in their respective classes for each event. If a class does not have a 2017 world leading result, the world record will be used in a world leading result’s place. A listing of all world leading results will be posted on the NPC website (www.parachallenge.ca). Prize money will be awarded to the top male and female for each event.
ELIGIBLE 2018 TRACK AND FIELD MEETS
Not all events may be available at every meet. Contact the meet organizer for information. Athletes may submit results from any of the following track and field meets:
- May 5: Athletics NS Warm-up Meet – Dartmouth, N.S.
- May 12: Cruisers Classic #1 – Brampton, Ont.
- May 12-13: Dogwood T&F Meet, Victoria (UVIC), B.C.
- May 12-13: The Calgary Spring Challenge – Calgary, Alta.
- May 25-26: 2018 Elwood Wylie Memorial Track & Field Meet - Nanaimo, BC
- May 28: ANB Twilight Meet #1 – Moncton, N.B.
- June 2: Cruisers Classic #2 – Brampton, Ont.
- June 9-10: Jesse Bent Memorial T&F Meet – Coquitlam, B.C.
- June 11: ANB Twilight Meet #3 – Moncton, N.B.
- June 15-16: Langley Pacific Invitational T&F Meet – Langly, B.C.
- June 16: NB Challenge Meet – Saint John, N.B.
- June 17: Athletics NS Club Hosted Mini Meet #1 – (TBD), N.S.
- June 18-20: The CALTAF Track Classic – Calgary, Alta.
- June 22-24: Foote Field Open – Edmonton, Alta.
- June 23-24: AO Senior Championships – Toronto, Ont.
- June 23-24: Athletics NS Legion Trials and Open Meet – (TBA), N.S.
- June 26-27: Harry Jerome International Track Classic - Burnaby, BC
- June 29-30: Jack Brow Invitational - Kelowna, BC
Links to the information pages on each of these meets are available at www.parachallenge.ca.
For more information visit the National Para Challenge Website.
Please contact the Technical Manager for Track & Field, Chris Winter (Chris.Winter@bcathletics.org) with any questions.