How to Challenge for Club Coach...
The Evaluation model now used by the Coaching Association of Canada is around competency based assessment. Therefore if you feel you possess all the knowledge, skills, and attributes at the Club Coach level, you may challenge the course and go straight to an evaluation process.
- Please note that this process is the same cost as taking the course and being evaluated since the evaluator will need extra consultation time.
- The fees for this Club Coach Challenge process all go towards paying the evaluator (who receives a flat fee). The typical club coach challenge process usually takes the evaluator about 10 hours (6 for portfolio, 2 for the practice observation, and 2 for the competition evaluation).
- If at any point during the evaluation process, the evaluator assigned to you feels that this process may take longer than the allotted time, you may be asked to take the Club Coach course before continuing with the evaluation process.
- First NCCP Course? - Register here https://thelocker.coach.ca/Account/Register
- Look up your NCCP # here https://nccp.coach.ca/Account/Login
- Click "Register Now" link at http://nccp.athletics.ca/
- This website is also where you will upload your information for the evaluation process and register for any professional development opportunities.
- Go to the Status link on the top of the page.
- Scroll down to find the Club Coach box and click on the Begin link for the Club Coach readings.
- Email the to request a Club Coach Challange
- Include the following information:
- Your name, phone number, NCCP number, and previous coaching courses/education
- Your previous experiences as a Track and Field athlete (if applicable)
- Name of your club and/or a detailed description of the athletes you are currently coaching
- List of accomplishments or performance standards that your athletes have achieved
- Name of a coach whom you have been working with for at least 1 year. This coach will be used as a reference and called to verify your competencies in the following areas:
- Seasonal Planning (Loading, Competitions, Training Phases, Athletic Abilities, Mental Prep)
- Details of your current Training Phases (General Prep, Specific, Competition, Transition/Recovery, and Tapering/Peaking)
- Long Term Athlete Development knowledge and application
- Managing a Sport Program (communication, behavior/commitment expectations, logistics, parent communication, and athlete debriefing)
- Name(s) of coaches that you would be willing to work with or use a mentors through the process of uploading your portfolio
- Click on Register to register online. You will need a credit card for payment.
- Ensure you are choosing the Club Coach Challenge Option.