More about Club Coach...
NCCP Courses are Now Context Based:
In order for you to successfully complete the assignments and evaluation process for Club Coach, it is essential that you are currently coaching an athlete that has a foundation in Athletics or come from multisport environment. The Club Coach Context includes:
- Coaching is seasonal, 12-24 weeks a year and 3-5 sessions a week
- Developing athletics skills in an event group and often coaching athletes in the High School environment (ages 15-17)
Club Coach Course Content:
- The course is split into Event Groups – you must choose either Endurance, Jumps, Para, Sprints/Hurdles, or Throws
- The course covers content such as Long Term Athlete Development, Mental Preparation, Nutrition, Strength, Seasonal Planning plus Technical Skills and Skill Analysis of your Event Group.
- All coaches in all sports must also take one additional Multi-Sport Module from the Coaching Association of Canada
- Make Ethical Decisions – Competition Introduction (Course – 3 hrs, Online Evaluation - 30-40min)
- To register from MED, click on the eLearning link in your CAC profile and double check you are registering for the Competition Introduction course and/or Evaluation. If the Online Evaluation is listed as "Available" you may be able to go straight to the evaluation.
- You may start the Evaluation Process on Athletics Canada's NCCP Website, once you have completed the pre-course online component and the workshop
- There is an additional fee for the evaluation process which all goes towards paying the evaluator.
- The step are as follows:
- Evaluation Portfolio – Emergency Action Plan, General Overview, Seasonal Plan, Practice Plans (from 5 phases of training), and Managing a Sport Program
- Practice Observation – General, Technical, and Video analysis
- Competition Observation – General, Warm Up, Competition, and Athlete Debrief
To Sign Up For Club Coach:
- Click here for the Steps to Sign Up Now
- Click here for a Detailed handout on Club Coach Registration and Evaluation
- Don’t see a course you want? Contact the Coaching Education Coordinator to request a course