Canada Summer Games Trials - June 10/11th - Coquitlam, BC
The Canada Games are this country’s largest multi-sport event for young athletes and in 2017 athletes will celebrate their 50th anniversary and Canada’s 150th birthday. Winnipeg, Manitoba will host the Canada Summer Games July 28 – August 13, 2017. Featuring 16 sports, over 250 events and a major cultural festival, the 2017 Canada Games will welcome over 4,000 athletes and coaches and more than 20,000 visitors.
In order to qualify for Team BC athletes must achieve the selection standard and compete in the Canada Summer Games Trials taking place this weekend at the Jesse Bent Meet in Coquitlam. For more information on the Games, TeamBC and how the selection process please review the documents below.
- Dates: July 28 to August 13, 2017
- Venue: University of Winnipeg Stadium
- Team Size: Maximum 50 able bodied athletes (Male: up to 27, Female: up to 27)
- 2017 Canada Summer Games Technical Package - Athletics
- 2017 Canada Games Website
- Competition Schedule
- Athletics Competition Dates: July 31 to August 4, 2017
- Travel Dates: Departure - July 27, 2017; Return - August 5, 2017
- 2017 Canada Summer Games Selection Trials: June 10-11, 2017 - Coquitlam, BC - Website
- TeamBC Development Camp: June 25th, 2017 - Fortius Sport & Health, Burnaby, BC (More Info). TeamBC Athletes are strongly encouraged to attend.
- Team Selection Criteria and Standards (Posted 03.06.17)
- Automatic Standards FAQ
- Team BC Tracking List (Updated June 1, 2017)
- Para Throws Team Selection Criteria (Posted May 15, 2017)
- Wheelchair Racing Team Selection Criteria (Posted May 15, 2017)
- Team Declaration Form