BC Athletics Annual General Meeting
November 30, December 1, 2, 2012
2012 BC Athletics Annual Awards Banquet
December 1, 2012
AGM Weekend Updates
In this section:
Past Reports & Resolutions:
It is the intent of BC Athletics to use the website for the dissemination of as much information, forms, updates etc. as possible. All of the forms required for the BC Athletics Annual General Meeting and Awards Banquet will be available on the website in on-line and PDF format.
Hilton Vancouver Airport, Richmond B.C.
5911 Minoru Blvd, Richmond BC
Click here for interactive map
Hotel: (604) 273-6336
Central Reservations: 1-800-HILTONS
Hotel Info ( 430 KB)
BC Athletics guest room rate: $111.00 — Single/Double (plus taxes), extra person $20. Complimentary parking for AGM delegates and Awards Banquet guests when they register their license number at the hotel front desk.
Please make reservations directly with the hotel and refer to the BC Athletics group rate.
The BC Athletics room rate deadline is November 20, 2012. After that date rooms will go back to the regular rate. Please keep that in mind and book your accommodation before the deadline.
You'll need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the PDF files.
- 2012 AGM (held Nov 30–Dec 2 2012)
- 2012 AGM Minutes
- 2011 AGM Minutes
- 2010 AGM Minutes
- 2009 AGM Minutes
- 2008 AGM Minutes
All reports will be in PDF format and open in a new window. You'll need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view & print.
- 2012 AGM Reports
- 2011 AGM Reports
- 2010 AGM Reports
- 2009 AGM Reports
- 2008 AGM Reports
- 2007 AGM Reports
- 2006 AGM Reports
- 2005 AGM Reports
- 2004 AGM Reports
- Summary of 2012 Motions and Actions of Note posted Nov 29
Call for Resolutions
Forward any and all resolutions that you, your committee, or your club wish to have brought forth at the Annual General Meeting to the BC Athletics office by OCTOBER 5, 2012.
Resolutions received in the BC Athletics office by October 5, 2012 will be reviewed by the BC Athletics Executive/Board of Directors. Resolutions presented at the AGM will be posted on the BC Athletics website no later than 30 days prior to the AGM.
Resolutions received after October 5, 2012 can only be brought forth on the floor at the Annual General Meeting as recommendations to the Board of Directors unless ruled by the membership at the AGM to be an urgent matter.
- 2012 Resolutions - posted Nov 7 (500 KB)
- 2012 Resolutions (from Dec 2011 AGM)
- 2011 Resolutions
- 2010 Resolutions
- 2009 Resolutions
- 2008 Resolutions
- 2007 Resolutions
- 2006 Resolutions
- 2005 Resolutions
- 2005 Proposed Resolution (received after deadline)
- 2004 Resolutions
- 2012 Elections for BC Athletics Officers (290 KB)
- 2012 BC Athletics Board of Directors Nomination Form | (85 KB)
BC Athletics Annual General Meeting Information and forms available on-line (first link) and/or in printer-friendly PDF format: (forms open in a new window)
- BC Athletics Individual Membership Form
- BC Athletics AGM Proxy Vote Form | (60 KB)
- BC Athletics Board of Directors Nomination Form | (25 KB)
- Voting Procedures and 2012 Club Membership List (260 KB)
- Coaches Video Workshop Sign-up form
- Vote Distribution and Procedures
- All Board Members are allowed 1 vote.
- Vote Distribution is based on the number of 1st claim members in the club as of August 31 2012:
- 5 - 39 members: 1 vote
- 40 - 79 members: 2 votes
- 80 - 119 members: 3 votes
- 120 - 159 members: 4 votes
- 160+ members: 5 votes.
- Each member club appoints a member(s) of their club as voting delegate(s) and alternate(s) to vote on behalf of their club.
- The names of all voting delegates and alternates must be submitted in writing to the BC Athletics office Prior to the Annual General Meeting.
- All voting delegates must be 2012 members of BC Athletics at the time of the Annual General Meeting. All Clubs represented at the AGM must be 2012 BC Athletics Club members at the time of the Annual General Meeting.
- Proxy votes are only permitted if written notification is filed with the BC Athletics office. Proxy votes are only used when clubs who do not have a voting delegate at the AGM wish to have another BCA club who will have a voting delegate(s) attending the AGM vote on their behalf.
- Discrepancies in registered club members should be reported to email@example.com.
- Athletics Society/Organization Affiliate Clubs & Athletics Post Secondary (School) Affiliate Clubs carry 1 Vote.
Annual General Meeting:
Do I have to be a member in order to attend?
Yes. All participants in the BC Athletics Annual General Meeting must be 2012 Individual members of the association and the clubs they represent must be 2012 BC Athletics Club members at the time of the AGM.
How do I register as a delegate at the AGM?
All registrations will be done through the online system for the AGM. Club Presidents or a member of the Club Executive must registrar club delegates for the Annual General Meeting. Non-voting delegates can register themselves directly on the on-line system. All delegates must be current BC Athletics members at the time of the AGM.
Who must register as a delegate to the AGM?
Everyone who attends — voting and non-voting — must register for the BC Athletics Annual General Meeting. Upon arriving at the AGM meetings you will be asked to sign in at the registration for the Friday and Saturday sessions.
Who needs to complete the “Proxy Vote Form”?
Clubs use Proxy Votes when they are NOT going to have a delegate registered at the AGM to vote. The Proxy Vote Form is used to formally give one clubs' votes to another club who will be attending the AGM to vote on their behalf. If you club will have a voting delegate attending the AGM then the Proxy Vote form does not need to be submitted.
Annual Awards Banquet:
I'm an invited Guest — do I need to RSVP?
YES. All Invited Guests, Nominees and Award Recipients are asked to RSVP their attendance to firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 333-3554 no later than November 27 in order to ensure seating is available for them.
When and how can I purchase tickets to the Awards Banquet?
Tickets to the Awards Banquet must be purchased ahead of time. Tickets can be purchased up to November 27, 2012. Tickets will not be available after the deadline. The ticket order form is available on the website (see below).
How can I be sure my group gets seated together at the banquet?
If you want to sit together as a group please contact email@example.com or (604) 333-3554 and indicate the name of the group and the individuals included. We will do our very best to accommodate your request. Seating is set up in tables of 8.
What do I do if I require a special meal?
If you or someone in your party requires a special meal, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 333-3556 to make arrangements before November 27.
How do I dress for the Annual Awards Banquet?
Dress for the Annual Awards Banquet is "Business Casual".
Saturday, December 1, 2012 — Hilton Vancouver Airport Hotel
5911 Minoru Blvd, Richmond V6X 4C7
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm — Hospitality Hour (no host)
- 7:00 pm — Dinner to be followed by awards presentations
- 2012 Awards Banquet Program (5.3 MB)
Awards Banquet Tickets
- Cost: $42 pp + HST
- The deadline for ordering tickets is November 27, 2012 — tickets will NOT be available after that date.
- Invited Special Guests must contact Taunya Geelhoed at the BC Athletics office at Ph: (604) 333-3556 or (604) 333-3556, email: email@example.com to confirm their attendance prior to November 27, 2012 in order to make sure seating is available for them.
2012 Awards Nominees and Winners
- 2012 Awards Winners as of Dec 4/12
- Order form is now closed.