Cross Country/Trail >> BC XC Champs
2013 Provincial Cross Country Championships
Saturday, October 26, 2013—Clearbrook Park, Abbotsford
The 2013 BC Cross Country Championships are being organized and hosted by the Valley Royals and BC Athletics
In this section:
- Location & Parking
- Ferry Travel Assistance
- Food and Beverages
- BCA Membership requirement
- Entry Fees
- How to Register
- Canadian XC Championships
- Contact Info
- Photos and Results
The races start and finish at Clearbrook Park in Abbotsford. The park is located just north of Clearbrook Elementary off of Clearbrook Road. Google Map
- On site — East and South ends of park
- Clearbrook Elementary School
- Marantha Baptist Church
- Overflow Parking — Rotary Stadium
Directions to Clearbrook Park from Highway:
- Take exit 87 for Clearbrook Road
- Merge onto Clearbrook Road
- Continue on Clearbrook Road for 3.5 km
- Entrance to the park will be on the right, just past Clearbrook Elementary
Best Western Bakerview Inn, Abbotsford
1821 Sumas Way, Abbotsford
Columbia Bible College
2940 Clearbrook Road, Abbotsford
BC Ferries and Sport BC will assist with ferry travel costs for athletes participating in the BC Championship through the Sport Experience program. For more information visit Sport BC website: http://sportbc.com/membership-information/member-discount/bc-ferries/.
Applications for travel assistance must be received at least two weeks before the Championship. Due to overwhelming demand, Sport BC may not be able to accept all applications.
Loops are on grass and trails. Spikes are suitable.
Will be available on site.
BC Cross Country Championships & Junior Development Championships
8:30 am — Registration, Package Pickup and Course Walk Through
|#1||10:45 am||Masters (age 35+) Men & Women||8.0 km|
|#2||11:45 am||2004 Boys & Girls (age 9)||1.5 km|
|#3||12:00 noon||2003 Boys & Girls (age 10)||2.0 km|
|#4||12:15 pm||2002 Boys & Girls (age 11)||2.0 km|
|#5||12:30 pm||2001 Boys & Girls (age 12)||3.0 km|
|#6||12:45 pm||2000, 1999, 1998 Girls (age 13, 14, 15)||3.0 km|
|#7||1:05 pm||2000, 1999, 1998 Boys (age 13, 14, 15)||3.0 km|
|#8 / 9||1:25 pm||Youth / Junior Women*||4.0 / 5.0 km|
|#10 / 11||1:50 pm||Youth / Junior Men*||5.0 / 7.0 km|
|#12||2:30 pm||Senior Women**||6.0 km|
|#13||3:00 pm||Senior Men**||10.0 km|
* Youths may run up in the Junior event to qualify for the BC Team — must indicate race # when entering.
** Final year Juniors (born in 1994) may run up in the Senior event to qualify for the BC Senior Team. Those aged 35+ may run down if they hold a Senior membership.
All BC Athletics Competitive, Road & Trail, Masters, School Club, District School Club and Day of Event Members are eligible to compete in the BC Cross Country Championships.
Youth, Junior, Senior and Masters participants must be annual Athlete Members, School Club, or School Day of Event members to be eligible for awards. School Club members and School Day of Event members must represent their school.
All participants in an event sanctioned by BC Athletics must have a BC Athletics Membership (or an equivalent membership from another Province or Country). The following options provide complete insurance converge and are available to schools and individual athletes:
- Regular BC Athletics membership (Competitive, Recreational or Masters) or equivalent.
- School Club / School District Membership — covers all athletes in your school who enter BC Athletics events from September 15 to June 30 (costs $125).
- Individual / School Day of Event Membership — valid for this event only (costs $3).
9-15 Championships: BC Athletics medals to individual 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers in each category). Ribbons for 4th to 8th place finishers.
BC Championships: BC Athletics medals to individual 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers in each competitive category (Youth, Junior, Senior, Masters—Men & Women). Competitive members from other provincial and foreign associations will be included.
Medals in the Masters grouping will be given only to the top 3 overall, not by age category. Ribbons will be given to the first three finishers in each Masters age category.
Prize money will be provided to Men's and Women's Open and Masters Age groups in the Provincial Cross Country Championships.
|Senior Women & Men:||Age Graded Masters Women & Men (35+)|
NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER OCTOBER 23.
Non Provincial/National Association members ADD $3 to fees listed below.
|Fee Type||By October 21||October 22–23|
|JD and Youth 17 & Under||$ 7.00||$12.00|
Online: opening later for 2013.
Offline: opening later for 2013.
NO RACE DAY ENTRIES
Completed entry forms and BCA numbers must be received by midnight Wednesday, October 23, 2013.
Cheques should be made payable to the Valley Royals.
T-Shirts will be available for purchase at the park.
The results from BC Cross Country Championships are used to select the BC team to compete at the National Cross Country Championships in Vancouver, BC on Saturday, November 30, 2013. The Selection Criteria is available at the BC Team Selection page.
- All events by Vid Wadhwani
- Masters and JD races by Teresa Nightingale
- Masters and Girls 13-15 races by Erin Burrett
- Junior Development
- Junior Development Team Scores
- Juvenile, Junior, Senior & Masters
- Age-graded Masters
- All Comers
- All-Comers Event
- 9 & 10 Year Boys & Girls
- 11 & 12 Year Boys & Girls
- 13, 14 & 15 Year Girls
- 13, 14 & 15 Year Boys
- Juvenile & Junior Women
- Juvenile & Junior Boys
- Senior & Masters Women
- Senior & Masters Men
- Masters Age-Graded
- 2008 Photos by Teresa
& 10 Year Boys & Girls;
11 & 12 Year Boys & Girls; 13, 14 & 15 Year Girls; 13, 14 & 15 Year Boys; Sr/Mast Men
- 2008 Photos by Tony Austin: Juv/Jr Girls, Juv/Jr Boys; Sr/Mast Women; Sr/Mast Men (mostly Vancouver Island/PIH racers)
- 2006 RESULTS
- 2006 Photos by Tony Austin (all events)
- 2006 Photos by Rob Wille (most events)
- 2006 Photos by Vid Wadhwani (events up to Junior races)
- 2006 Photos by Teresa Nightingale (All-comers, 9/10 yrs, Sr/Mast Men)
- 2005 RESULTS
- 2005 Masters Women Age Group Results
- 2005 Masters Men Age Group Results
- 2005 Photos © David Dolsen (63 images)
- 2005 Photos by Charles Kalnin (16 images)
- 2005 Photos by Vid Wadhwani (on Yahoo photos)
- 2005 Photos by Teresa Nightingale (12 images)