To comply with PIPA all organizations dealing with personal information must have a complaints handling system. As each organization has unique and distinct characteristics, each should establish a system that reflects its particular qualities.
The following checklist for BC Athletics has been created for the process of handling a complaint.
- The individual responsible for receiving complaints is: BC Athletics Privacy Officer.
- Complaints will be investigated by: BC Athletics Privacy Officer and the BC Athletics Privacy Committee.
- The complaint will be investigated within 14 days of its receipt.
- The determination as to the validity of the complaint will be decided by: The BC Athletics Privacy Officer in consultation with the BC Athletics Privacy Committee.
- The decision is to be reported to: The BC Athletics Board of Directors, BC Athletics Staff and the Complainant.
- If necessary, recommended corrective action will be determined by: The BC Athletics Privacy Officer and the BC Athletics Privacy Committee.
- The corrective action will be carried out by: BC Athletics Privacy Officer and BC Athletics Staff.
Communicating the Results of the Investigation
- The corrective action was communicated to the complainant by: ___________________________________________________
- The corrective action was communicated to the complainant on: ___________________________________________________
- The corrective action is recorded in the following locations: ________________________________________________
- Corrective action was initiated on: _____________________