BC Athletics Renews Partnership for 2019 National Para Challenge
May 13, 2019 22:54pm
BC Athletics has renewed its partnership with the National Para Challenge (NPC) series as a funding and promotional partner to support and encourage current and future Paralympians.
The NPC provides the opportunity for athletes with a disability across Canada to compete in a series of track and field meets for prize money. The NPC will enable athletes to be in direct competition against each other by basing their results on a percentile of the word leading results in their respective classes for each event. If a class does not have a 2018 world leading result, the world record will be used in a world leading result’s place. A listing of all world leading results will be posted on the NPC website (www.parachallenge.ca). Prize money will be awarded to the top male and female for each event.
ELIGIBLE 2019 TRACK AND FIELD MEETS
Not all events may be available at every meet. Contact the meet organizer for information. Athletes may submit results from any of the following track and field meets:
- May 11-12: Dogwood T&F Meet, Victoria (UVIC), B.C.
- May 25-26: Elwood Wylie Memorial Track & Field Meet - Nanaimo, BC
- June 8-9: Jesse Bent Memorial T&F Meet – Coquitlam, B.C.
- June 14-15: Langley Pacific Invitational T&F Meet – Langly, B.C.
- June 20: Harry Jerome International Track Classic - Burnaby, BC
- June 28-30: Jack Brow Invitational - Kelowna, BC
Links to the information pages on each of these meets are available at www.parachallenge.ca.
For more information visit the National Para Challenge Website.
Please contact the Technical Manager for Track & Field, Chris Winter (Chris.Winter@bcathletics.org) with any questions.