2023 Membership Year
The 2023 membership year starts as of September 1, 2022 when 2023 memberships can be entered on Trackie.me. Make sure the 2023 Club Membership and individual memberships for all club members who are active in the club as of 1/1/23 are in place prior to the end of the year. This must be done no later than 12/31/22 to make sure all benefits including insurance are in place on 1/1/23..
Here is a checklist of everything that needs to be completed in order for your 2023 club membership to be in place. Once the checkslist items are all completed, the club membership application for 2023 will be submitted to the BC Athletics Board of Directors for final approval:
- Pay all outstanding BC Athletics invoices
- Pay all outstanding 2022 Trackie.me membership invoices
- Renew your club membership on Trackie.me for 2023
- Pay the club membership fee for 2023
- Get a Trackie.me access waiver done for anyone new requiring access for Trackie.me.
- Make sure that anyone with access who no longer requires it is suspended on Trackie.me
- Have a minimum of 5, BC Athletics individual, first claim club memberships in place as of 1/1/23.
- Make sure your club executive/Board of Directors/Managers have their 2023 BC Athletics membership in place as of 1/1/23.
2023 Individual Memberships:
- All memberships can be renewed for 2023 beginning September 1, 2022
- The only membership fee change for 2023 is for Officials who will now pay $31.50 for their membership.
- Individuals who have never been a BC Athletics member before, or were last a member in 2020 or earlier will have a membership valid from the time the remainder of 2022 through to the end of 2023..
- If you renew a member who previously had a BC Athletics membership in 2021 the membership will only be valid to the end of this year (2022).
- When entering a membership for 2023 the membership type will be based on the age they will be in 2023 even if the membership is valid for the remainder of 2022. Example: An athlete who is still 8 years old in 2022 will take out a U10 membership for 2023.
- Coach, Official and Associate memberships must have either a current CRC noted on Trackie.me or have the date they submitted their CRC noted. Members have 2 months from the date they sign up to get their CRC completed and noted on Trackie.me.
- Coach memberships must have an NCCP# noted on their membership along with the CRC information.
The importance of up to date member contact information:
COVID19 brought home the importance of making sure that each and every member has the correct and most current contact information on Trackie.me. All member contact information must be monitored and kept current at all times. Contact information must be checked and updated each year the member renews.
Access to Trackie.me:
- Only those individuals who have a Trackie.me Access waiver on file are permitted to have access.
- Trackie.me Access Waivers no longer need to be renewed each year but clubs must make sure that only those individuals who need access have a waiver in place.
- The email address given for access must not be a general club email address that others may have access to. It should be a personal email address.
- The access given must be kept strictly confidential and it is ONLY for the person noted on the waiver. It must not be shared with anyone else in the club or elsewhere.
- Access is not transferable to anyone else. If someone with approved T.me access leaves their position in the club their access must be suspended. Whoever takes over the position must have aTrackie.me Access Waiver submitted for their use.
- If these rules are not followed access will be cancelled.
Setting up Access for Trackie.me:
- Club membership is renewed on Trackie.me for 2023.
- Both the club executive member requesting access and the individual to receive access to Trackie.me must have a 2023 BC Athletics Associate membership and a current Criminal Records Check in place.
- Club executive submits a Trackie Membership Database Access Request Form.
- Both the club executive and the individual to receive access will receive email notification that the form has been submitted.
- The individual to receive access will receive an email from BC Athletics with Step 2 with the BC Athletics Trackie.me Privacy Waiver.
- Once the Privacy Waiver has been submitted and the individual will have access to Trackie.me.
- NEW ACCESS - If the individual has not had access to Trackie.me previously he/she will receive a separate email with information on setting up his/her access
- RETURNING ACCESS - if the individual has had access previously set up he/she can continue to have access through the signin-in previously set up
- Questions?? contact Sam Collier
Criminal Records Check Requirements:
Both a Criminal Records Check and a Vulnerable Sector Check must be submitted. Make sure both are checked off on the request for the CRC.
There are still a number of members that require a Criminal Records Check but don’t have them listed on Trackie.me This is either because there is no CRC in place or the information has not been updated on T.me.
This is a critical requirement and those who must have a CRC in place (Officials, Associate and Coach membership types) have 2 months from the time the membership is entered on Trackie.me to get their CRC done and the information updated on Trackie.me. If the CRC is not completed and entered within 2 months the membership will be suspended.
Trackie Membership Database Request Form (to be completed by a club executive member)