* Under the new BC Society Act a voting delegate can only be registered with 1 vote. Example: A club with 5 votes must initially register 5 voting delegates. All delegate registrations must be done by Wednesday, August 18, 2021 - 5:00pm. An excepton will be made for clubs to register additional delegates should their membership numbers increase as of Friday, August 20, 2021 to a point where they are eligible for an additional vote. Once the club has registered the required number of voting delegates it can then have the registered voting delegates who will not be attending the AGM proxy their votes to the club voting delegate(s) who will be attending the AGM. All proxy forms must be received by BC Athletics by Wednesday, August 18, 2021
Forms must be submitted to the BC Athletics office by Wednesday, August 18, 2021 at 5:00pm
Club Proxy Vote Form
For clubs wishing to have another BCA affiliated club vote on their behalf at the BC Athletics Annual General Meeting.
Club Presidents must complete and submit Club Proxy Vote forms.
A registered voting delegate can hold proxy votes for no more than one club.
Delegate Proxy Vote Form
Example 1: A club holding a total of 4 votes registers 4 voting delegates but only 2 voting delegates will actually be attending the AGM. The remaining 2 registered voting delegates must complete a Delegate Proxy Vote form each giving their 1 vote to a delegate who will be casting the votes at the AGM.
Example 2: A club holding 5 votes will register 5 voting delegates. If only 1 voting delegate will actually cast the votes for the club, 4 of the voting delegates will assign their votes to the one voting delegate using a Delegate Proxy Vote form.
Voting delegates can only hold 1 vote when registered for the AGM by their club's president.
Clubs holding more than 1 vote, must register 1 voting delegates per votes the club holds.
If the club wishes to have 1 individual cast all of the club votes A Delegate Proxy Vote form must be completed by each registered voting delegate who wishes to assign his/her votes over to the voting delegate attending the AGM.
Delegate Proxy Vote forms must be completed by a registered voting delegates.
Clubs with 1 vote only - attending the AGM
- Have the club president register one voting delegate ( Club Delegate Registration Form )
Clubs with 1 vote only - NOT attending the AGM
- Club President proxies vote to another club ( Club Proxy Vote form )
Clubs with multiple votes - attending the AGM
- Club president registers one voting delegate for each club vote. ( Club Delegate Registration Form )
- Voting Delegates who will not be attending the AGM proxy their votes to the Voting Delegate(s) who will be attending the AGM. ( Delegate Proxy Vote Form )
Clubs with multiple votes - NOT attending the AGM
- Club president assigns another club to cast their votes at the AGM ( Club Proxy Vote Form )
Delegate Registration and Voting Procedures
- Delegates must registered by Wednesday, August 18, 2021. * See notation below regarding increase in votes per club due to increased membership numbers as of Friday, August 20, 2021
- Voting club delegates must be registered by their club President
- Unattached non-voting delegates register here
- Read through all information before registering delegates. Rules changed in 2017
Questions? Please contact Sam Collier