Refer to this page for materials and information to help you promote and organize a safe and successful event. BCA and related logos for brochures and websites are available for download at the bottom of the page. If you need other BCA-related logos please email us with your request .
Event Organizers' Manuals
- Meet Director's Manual updated 2/6/19
BC Athletics, through the work of the Officials Committee, has put together a Track & Field Meet Organizer's Manual. Please send your feedback with reference pages and sections on the page to Wayne Elke.
- Race director's mini checklist
- Guidelines for inclusion of Para-athletes in Road Races
- Doping Control Guidelines for BC Road Races
- Guidelines for Food and Beverages Available at Sporting Events in BC - an easy-to-follow online resource to promote healthy food and beverage choices at sporting events
Sanctioning Info and Forms
- Sanction your event with BC Athletics and receive access to certified BCA officials, technical assistance, listing in the Calendar of Events, website results posting, display on the BCA home page under "upcoming events" and more - plus support from the BCA office to help you organize a successful and safe event. Click here to see the purpose and benefits of sanctioning.
- Events in Sanctioned Competitions – Adding Events post sanctioning (Addition of an event(s) to the published list of events to be held at a BC Athletics sanctioned competition must be made not less than 15 days prior to the start of the 1st day of competition)
- Also see Forms Library for Sanctioning Applications
- Waiver and Indemnity Form (Alternative Liability Insurance)
- BC Athletics Alternative Liability Insurance Checklist
- BC Athletics Track & Field Sanctioning Checklist
Resources for Sanctioned Events
BC Athletics Membership Lists updated July 19, 2019
(note: members signing up after the date/time above can be checked through the BCA Number Checker)
BCA Membership Database Download Request Form Note: membership lists are updated each Friday.
Post Event Submissions
Required for all BC Athletics sanctioned events. the A Post Event Submission Form and Fees must be submitted to the BC Athletics office no later than 30 days after your events. Enter the information requested and the form will do the calculations for you. Please use on of the forms below depending on the date of your event:
Post Event Submission Form - UPD 8/2/18
Track & Field Meets - Entry/Results set up for inclusion in the Provincial and National Rankings:
Hy-Tek users wanting to ensure their results are eligible for inclusion in provincial and national results and rankings must set up their meets in a specific way. Please refer to the 2015 Athletics Canada Rankings and Results Branch Document - Appendix1 - Results Submission Guide. Meets not set up in Hy-Tek must use the Athletics Canada Competition Results File template for their results.
Once the meet is set up a Hy-Tek download file is available from BC Athletics containing the required information for all BC Athletics competitive members. In order to receive the download please contact email@example.com. Meets can request download updates at any time leading up to the meet.
BC Athletics competitive members and competitive athletes from other provinces must provide a current AC / BCA membership number when entering meets or their performances will not be included in the national rankings.
Track & Field meets must send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon after the meet as possible:
1. Hy-Tek Meet Backup
2. Athlete Roster List - sorted by gender
3. Athlete Roster List - sorted by club/school affiliation
4. Results.htm file
Once verified the results will be forwarded for inclusion in the B.C. and National rankings.
Event Listing / Championships Bids
- Equipment Rental Request Form - updated March 2018
- Visi-vest rentals and Stop/Slow Paddles for course marshals and officials, from BC Athletics. 200 vests and 60 paddles available. Rental fee $0.60/$0.75 each for BCA member/non-member clubs. $12.00 charge per non-returned vest or paddle. Deposit of $100.00 required, returned when equipment is returned to BCA. Payment by cash, cheque or credit card. Phone 604-333-3553 or email email@example.com.
Competition Rules / Course Measurement
- Officiating Guidelines for Road and Cross Country/Trail Races
- All Road Race and XC event directors, be sure to read: IAAF Competition Rules for Road Races & IAAF Competition Rules for Cross-Country Races
- Course Certification FAQs
- IAAF Publication "The Measurement of Road Race Courses", Second Edition 2004
- Athletics Canada Road Running Site - Certification & Certified Courses
Events and Technical Specifications
Please see below for all BC Athletics approved Events and Technical Specifications for Athletics.
Reviewed / Updated: January 1, 2018
Printable Version: BC Athletics Events and Technical Specifications for Athletics Manual
Event Medical / First Aid
Sport Injury / Accident Report Form
To be used if one is not already provided by the attending First Aid Company or Medical Team.
Event Directors' Conferences
Excellent opportunities for race directors to network and pick up ideas.
2019 BC Race Directors Summit - Saturday March 2 - Fortius Sport & Health, Burnaby
More information and registration at - http://www.bcathletics.org/News/race-directors-summit-march-2nd/2869/
General / Miscellaneous
- Risk Management Guide for Community Sport Organizations
- Human Resource Guide for Community Sport: Managing Employees
- The Social Media Toolkit for Sports Communicators
- Communications Toolkit for Sport
- How to Plan a 5K Guide
- Race Directors Guide to Social Media
- Directory of Running Specialty Stores in BC
- Event Feedback (Online Form)
Logos for Downloading
Right-click (Windows) or Ctrl-click (Mac) and "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As..." or equivalent, or click to view JPEG or GIF then save image from there:
|BC Athletics||Colour JPEG
Black & white JPEG
|BC Track and Field||Colour JPEG
Black & white JPEG
|Racewalk BC||Colour JPEG
Black & white JPEG
|Run BC||Colour JPEG
Black & white JPEG