2019 Regional Series Hosting Grants, Road & Cross Country
BC Athletics budgets to provide grants to regional road and cross country series. The purpose of the grants are to assist with the additional costs typically associated with staging a series, with the objective of growing participation, fostering competition and the collaboration of different events.
BC Athletics budgets for the hosting of a regional road running series and a cross country series in each of the following four regions: Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island, Interior and North Central BC.
Hosting Grant Conditions
- All events in the series must be sanctioned by BC Athletics.
- Events should include on their website and / or promotional material that the event is sanctioned by BC Athletics. Event website should include logo and link for BC Athletics and logo of the Run BC division.
- Road Running events should make best efforts to run on a certified course. Events that are both sanctioned and certified, BCA member results will be included in the National and Provincial Rankings.
- The events and dates of all events in the series should be set at minimum three months in advance of the first event in the series.
- The series must be run as a not for profit model.
- No club or organization may host 50% or more of the series events.
- Series scoring system, points and qualifications must be published.
- Series grants are issued to cover series overhead costs, not the costs of producing an event in the series. These costs may include but are not limited to: Maintaining a series website, maintaining series points, series promotion, series awards, and series meetings.
- Series grant is a maximum of $750, varies by series and cannot exceed the operation / prizing total costs of the series.
- Series are to send a financial statement of the series, within three months of the last event, but no later than March 31st of the following year, submitted to the Technical Manager Road & Cross Country, to receive hosting grant payment. Reports should include a summary of participation of each event.
- BC Athletics endeavours to provide Series Prizing to the Regional Series – subject to Series Sponsorship and BC Athletics Budget.
- Established 2018 Series, will have first opportunity to host the series of that region in 2019.
2018 Regional BC Series
- Lower Mainland Road Running Series - http://www.lmrrs.com/
- Vancouver Island Racing Series - http://www.islandseries.org/
- Interior Road Race Series - http://www.interiorrunningassociation.com/
- Lower Mainland Cross Country Series – click here
- Interior Cross Country Series - http://www.interiorrunningassociation.com/
Regional Series Grant Opportunities
- North Central Road Running
- North Central Cross Country
- Vancouver Island Cross Country
2020-2021 Provincial Road Running Championships
In the first quarter of 2019, the bid process will open for the hosting of the 2020-2021 Provincial Road Running Championships. BC Athletics invites applications to host provincial road running championships in 2020 and 2021. Championships will be awarded for two years, subject to satisfactory hosting the first year.
Events are encouraged to host championships in conjunction with established events. Pre-requisites to hosting a championship include that the event and/or host organization be in good standing with BC Athletics, the event must be sanctioned by BC Athletics and the course be certified by Athletics Canada.
BC Athletics provides hosting grants and limited championship prize money, Championship Medals and Ribbons, subject to budget and application deadlines. Championship eligibility is limited to Junior, Senior, Master and Road & Trail members of BC Athletics.
The deadline for 2019-2020 Championship applications will be May 31, 2019.
To learn more about sanctioning your event with BC Athletics, please click here for our Sanctioning FAQ.
To submit your event to the 2019 Calendar of Events, click here to open calendar, click add event in left column.
For more information please contact:
BC Athletics Technical Manager, Road & XC Running