2020 HARRY JEROME SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS DUE FRIDAY
May 14, 2020 16:15pm
The Harry Jerome Scholarship is named after the late great Harry Jerome. This scholarship is administered through BC Athletics and financed by the Vancouver Foundation. All eligible applicants must complete the application process. Application are due by 5:00 PM on the 3rd Friday of May, each year.
Athletes wishing to apply for the Harry Jerome Scholarship must:
- be residents of British Columbia;
- be matriculating students progressing to a full-time post-secondary education;
- have demonstrated exceptional ability and show considerable promise in Track & Field, Road Running or Cross Country (Athletics);
- demonstrate financial need;
- have attained an acceptable academic record; and
- have demonstrated qualities of character and leadership.
***Note that due to the COVID-19 Pandemic we will be more flexibile with some of the application requirements. That said, please work with your school to get all the application information prepared well in advance of the deadline and communicate with Chris Winter (Chris.Winter@bcathletics.org) if you are having any issues obtaining certain documents or signatures.
- Submit a brief biographical letter noting family background, educational history and plans, as well as career or vocational aspirations.
- Provide three (3) letter of reference, one from each of: The Principal, Track & Field Coach, and other appropriate sources.
- Submit a verified statement of marks or academic transcript.
- Complete and Submit the Harry Jerome Scholarship Application.
The award will be paid to the student's account at his/her place of study upon confirmation of registration. The award will be applied first to fees and subsequently to other appropriate educational expenses.
Email: Chris Winter - Chris.Winter@bcathletics.org
Mail: HARRY JEROME SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
c/o B.C. Athletics
2001B - 3713 Kensington Ave. Burnaby, BC V5B 0A
Any questions can be directed to the BC Athletics Technical Manager for Track & Field, Chris Winter - Chris.Winter@bcathletics.org