Call for Bids - 2020-2021 BC Road Running Championships
Application to Host a BC Athletics
Road Running Championship (2020 and 2021)
BC Athletics invites applications to host Provincial Road Running Championships in 2020 and 2021. Note, Championships will be awarded for two years, subject to satisfactory hosting the first year.
Championships are held at 5K, 8K, 10K, Half Marathon and Marathon distances.
Events are encouraged to host Championships in conjunction with established events. Pre-requisites to hosting a Championship include that the event and/or host organization be in good standing with BC Athletics, the event sanctioned by BC Athletics and the course be certified.
Championship events will be asked to be part of the BC Super Series for their term as hosts.
BC Athletics provides hosting grants and limited Championship prize money, subject to budget and application deadlines. The deadline for current applications is May 15, 2019.
Championship eligibility is limited to only U20, Senior, Master and Road & Trail members of BC Athletics.
To apply to host a Championship, complete the application form here: https://www.cognitoforms.com/BC ATHLETICSthletics1/_202021RoadRaceChampionshipsApplication
The Championship bids will be evaluated by the BC Athletics Road Running Committee and the Technical Manager of Road & Cross Country running. The Road Championship hosts will be named by the end of June 2019.
For additional information, contact Clifton Cunningham (clifton.cunningham@BC Athleticsthletics.org).
Championship Hosting Overview
- BC Athletics will promote the Championship through the BC Athletics website and other channels.
- The host club/organization will promote the Championship through the event website and other channels.
- The host will ensure that the course is certified, and all other BC Athletics sanctioning requirements are met.
- The event distance / event will be asked to be part of the BC Super Series.
- A BC Athletics representative will be in attendance to present Championship awards. Note, this requires validation of membership against the membership database. Road Running Championships eligibility is restricted to only current year U20, Senior, Master and Road & Trail BC Athletics membership types.
- Current BC Athletics policy awards prize money and medals to the top-3 male and female overall in the Championship, and ribbons to the top-3 male and female in age groups, 18-19 and then in 5-year age categories 20 to 100+.
- Championship prize money cheques and age group ribbons are mailed out post-event.
- BC Athletics will publish Championship results.
- The host must submit the post-event submission form and remittance.
- BC Athletics will send out age category ribbons and prizing cheques. Medals and ribbons will be provided to the event at no cost.
- The host must submit an online report of the event to receive hosting grant.
- When all remittances and the online report have been received, BC Athletics will issue the $300 Championship hosting grant.