BC Throws Project Provincial Development Camp Announced
2020 BC Throws Project Provincial Development Camp Set to Take Place in Kamloops from September 25th to 27th.
The BC Throws Project Provincial Development Camp aims to help develop athletes, aged 14+, in the Throws (Hammer, Javelin, Shot Put, & Discus) through a combination of practical and theory sessions for both athletes and their personal coaches. This Provincial Development camp will be hosted in Kamloops at the Tournament Capital Centre, held in combination with the Bondarchuk Cup Throws Meet. A great opportunity for athletes to develop their skills and compete!
- Dylan Armstrong - Kamloops Track & Field Club
- Garrett Collier - Kajaks Track & Field Club
- Laurie Willet - Athletics Victoria
- Sheldan Gmitroski - Athletics Victoria
Dates: September 25th- 27th, 2020
Location: Kamloops, BC
Age Eligibility: U16/U18/U20/Senior/Para Athletes
Personal coaches are highly encouraged to attend this camp and will receive NCCP Pro-D Points, U16/U18 Athletes are required to attend with their personal coaches or parent/guardian.
- $150.00 for 2020 BC Athletics Members
- *Due to COVID-19 we are unable to accommodate non-BC Athletics members
- Tax is not included (Cost includes coaching, facility access, and a souvenir t-shirt, accommodations are to be booked separately and are the responsibility of the individual athlete or coach)
Space Limited! Limited to 40 athletes & coaches.
REGISTER NOW - Deadline September 16TH, 2020
BC Athletics is committed to safe sport for all members and, in response to COVID-19, has worked with viaSport & Athletics Canada to develop safe return to training and competition guidelines. It is the responsibility of all members and affiliates to abide by these policies and procedures designated to ensure a safe environment for all. These guidelines should be used after making the personal decision that you are comfortable to return to training and competition.
Return to Training Documents:
- BC Athletics Return to Training Addendum - Updated August 24, 2020
- Athletics Canada's "Back on Track" Guidelines
Return to Competition Documents:
- Athletics Canada's "Back on Track" - Competition Guidelines - Posted July 27, 2020
- BC Athletics Return to Competition Addendum - Updated August 24, 2020
- BC Athletics Return To Competition – Officials Guidelines - Posted July 28, 2020
About BC Throws Project
The BC Throws Project, developed and support by BC Athletics, strives to develop athletes in the Throws to achieve national and international performance standards. The specific goals of the project are to place as many members on BC and Canadian Championship podiums, on Canadian national teams, and to pursue podium performances at Olympic Games, World Championships, Multi-sport International Games, and other international competitions.
If there are any questions or concerns, please contact BC Athletics Track and Field Technical Manager Chris Winter at email@example.com.